Saturday, January 31, 2009

Perspective

Today our team's in the Superbowl. This is an exciting game! Will we win or lose? Well, I've got hope, so you bet I plan on us winning the game. But that's all it is...a game. A toss up between winning and losing a game.

My sister is pregnant. Now that is exciting! But things aren't looking as good as her midwife would want. Her HcG numbers aren't doubling like the midwife wants them to. So will this baby live or die. This is life; it's not a game. A human soul was created out of a husband and wife's love and Love itself. Will they meet their child, son or daughter? The verbs nurse, hold, cuddle, play, teach are all up in the air. I've got hope, so you bet I plan on meeting this little guy (okay, so I already think it's a boy). But I know God's plans are perfect, so I pray "Please let this little baby live. My sister and brother-in-law love this baby so much. But God, I trust You. Your will be done. May they have the grace to accept and handle a miscarriage should you want this child sooner. May they have the grace to have two children under two years of age should you bless them with meeting this person." Won't you pray with me? Oh and by the way, that image is of a 7 week baby in utero...about how far along my sister is, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment